Kimchi, fermentation, and health



The Occurrence of Biogenic Amines and Determination of Biogenic Amine-Producing Lactic Acid Bacteria in Kkakdugi and Chonggak Kimchi.

Jin YH, Lee JH, Park YK, Lee JH, Mah JH.
Foods. 2019 Feb 14;8(2). pii: E73. doi: 10.3390/foods8020073.


Negotiating trans-ethno space: An inductive investigation of kimchi's ability to bound Korean-American transnational identity.

Feldman C, Bai Y, Keys K, Schules D.
Appetite. 2019 Jan 11;136:18-24. doi: 10.1016/j.appet.2019.01.007


Analysis of Targeted Metabolites and Molecular Structure of Starch to Understand the Effect of Glutinous Rice Paste on Kimchi Fermentation.

Jeong D, Lee JH, Chung HJ.
Molecules. 2018 Dec 14;23(12).

Comments

  1. Hi, I just had my first kimchi about 2 weeks ago. I ate about 8 ounces. Didn't know I should phase in with it. The day following, I experienced extreme pain, diarrhea and gas. I have not eaten anymore of the kimchi, but for the last two days I am experiencing the same symptoms. Getting nervous about this. Should I see a doctor? Please respond at the following email address: susannahfox7@gmail.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Does kimchi cause gastric cancer?

Diet and cancer risk in the Korean population: a meta- analysis.